New container in the same algorithm

New container in the same algorithm  

By: Hedwig on Jan. 16, 2022, 8:58 a.m.

Hi there,

I debug my project and update with git bash, then I update release with defining a new tag. So docker container in algorithm building automatically, but I found that my old version container is still remain "active" while the new one with "inacitve", how can I switch the status? And I found that only one github project can be linked to one algorithm, so it seems that link to a new algorithm doesn't work?

Best, Hedwig

Re: New container in the same algorithm  

By: jmsmkn on Jan. 18, 2022, 8:12 a.m.

Once the new container is built it needs to be validated and imported into our systems. That can take some time, once it is done then the container is marked as ready. Indeed, a github repo can only be linked to one algorithm, it doesn't really make much sense to link a repo to more than one.

By: Hedwig on Jan. 26, 2022, 12:12 p.m.

Hi, Mr. Meakin,

Thanks for your replying! I've update my linked repo, but it cost too much time to switch status from inactive to active even build succeeded. How can I speed this up? After build succeeded, it took more than 20 minutes to active this container...

Best, Hedwig.

By: jmsmkn on Jan. 26, 2022, 1:46 p.m.

The time it takes to validate a container image scales with the size of the container image, try optimising your container image locally first.