Algorithm Permission problem

Algorithm Permission problem  

By: ramin on Aug. 15, 2021, 10:46 a.m.

Hello,

I am using URL https://grand-challenge.org/algorithms/create/ to create my algorithm, but it returns the following error: "You do not have permission to access this content."

Does anyone know why I get this error? Thanks

Re: Algorithm Permission problem  

By: marcaubreville on Aug. 16, 2021, 9:16 a.m.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We know about the problem and try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Marc

By: ramin on Aug. 16, 2021, 4:34 p.m.

Thanks for your support!

Bests, Ramin

By: MiriamGroeneveldA on Aug. 17, 2021, 1:06 p.m.

Hi Ramin, If you get this error, you don't have the permissions to upload an algorithm. You can apply for these permissions by sending an email with your Grand Challenge username to support@grand-challenge.org. With kind regards,

By: MiriamGroeneveldA on Aug. 18, 2021, 8:45 a.m.

There was an issue with setting these permissions automatically for all participants, this is resolved now. All participants should now be able to upload an algorithm. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited by: MiriamGroeneveldA on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: marcaubreville on Aug. 18, 2021, 9:17 a.m.

Thanks so much for figuring it out, Miriam!

By: ramin on Aug. 18, 2021, 10:05 a.m.

Thank you so much Miriam! Dear Marc, Is it possible to extend the deadline for docker container and preprint abstract submission?

Bests, Ramin

By: maubreville on Aug. 19, 2021, 9:35 a.m.

Dear Ramin,

we're currently discussing just that. But expect that we will add the days that were lost due to the technical difficulties.

Best,

Marc

By: Andrew_tal on Aug. 27, 2021, 4:07 p.m.

Hello

I tried to verify my account with emails. I tried all my emails(like gmail, hotmail, outlook, tongji.edu.cn and 163), but none of them work. So ..... i filled a wrong email ( @edu.cn ), it works........ but i can not receive the email, and the verify button in Grand Challenge was disappered..... I have send a email to support@grand-challenge.org, but have no reply yet. I am really anxious about this....

Andrew

By: Andrew_tal on Aug. 28, 2021, 9:57 a.m.

Hello,

I have send email to support@grand-challenge.org yesteaday about verify account, but still have no reply. Anyone can help me?

Best wishes, Andrew

By: mlafarge on Aug. 30, 2021, 10 a.m.

Hello,

I confirm that the problem has not yet been fully solved. Unlike what was written before ("All participants should now be able to upload an algorithm"), I also end up on the page with "Forbidden. You do not have permission to access this content." and I am not able to submit my algorithm.

Thank you for the support, ML

By: jmsmkn on Aug. 30, 2021, 12:48 p.m.

The original issue was resolved 12 days ago, but we have also had to add a requirement for verification of the users account.

Why was the need to verify added?

This is because participants of this challenge were signing up with multiple email addresses from free providers, creating new algorithms to try and get around the 1 submission per day limit. This lack of scientific integrity is really disappointing and it also means that we had to introduce measures to mitigate this.

Verification of your account means that we check that your account matches up to 1 real user. Once you have confirmed your account we need to verify that this domain can be trusted to provide one email address per user. This needs to be manually reviewed by a person on our side. This process takes time, and it is not as if we have a team of people working on this. We are academics who provide this service to the community for free. With appropriate prioritization of work that comes in it can take up to 72 hours for this manual verification to happen. You are informed of this on the verification confirmation page.

@mlafarge the need for verification is also explained to you on the algorithm creation page where there is also a big red box that says "You need to verify your account before you can do this". You made your request at 19 minutes past midnight this morning. As mentioned on the verification confirmation page you can expect that to be done by Wednesday.

@Andrew_tal the domain @tongji.edu.cn cannot be used for verification as we have received too much abuse from that domain in the past, so it is no longer trusted. We do not work on weekends. We are not based in the USA. We are based in the EU and you first sent a message at 6pm on a Friday night. Sending us many emails is not the way to resolve this. We are happy to work with you to verify your account another way.

I would like to remind everyone to read the Terms of Service of the website, especially the points about multiple accounts and shared logins. Abuse of the API, the people that work on grand challenge, the challenge organizers or other users of the site will not be tolerated and will result in permanent suspension of your account.

By: jxzhao36 on Aug. 30, 2021, 1:51 p.m.

Hi james,

The reason for sending multiple emails is because I want to describe my problem clearly. I have no disrespect for you or your team. I just want to solve the problem. The competation is over immediately, I'm really anxious. I'm very sorry make trouble to you.

best wishes, Andrew