How to get patient-level csPCa outcome

How to get patient-level csPCa outcome  

By: function2 on May 27, 2022, 5:58 p.m.

The Annotations section in the dataset page says that For all cases, voxel-level csPCa lesion annotations are delineated and/or patient-level csPCa outcomes are recorded.... But I can't find the patient-level csPCa outcomes in the provided data, could anyone please show me where I can find those information, or I misunderstand the statement?

Last edited by: function2 on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: How to get patient-level csPCa outcome  

By: joeran.bosma on May 28, 2022, 2:40 p.m.

Hi Lingxiao,

The patient-level csPCa outcomes are provided in the marksheet, which can be found here. In this spreadsheet, there is a column "lesion_GS", which lists the outcomes:

Gleason score (GS) assigned to each lesion after histopathologic analysis, where scores for different lesions are separated by , (commas). If its value is missing, then no tissue sampling procedure was performed; indicating a negative MRI study. If its value is N/A only for specific lesion(s), then those lesion(s) (as observed in radiology) were not biopsied or graded in histopathology (typically the case for PI-RADS 1-2 lesions).

This means that any case that contains a Gleason score of 7 (3+4 or higher) harbors csPCa, while all other cases are considered negative for csPCa. For more details on how this ground truth was derived, you can also check out our study design.

Kind regards, Joeran

Re: How to get patient-level csPCa outcome  

By: function2 on May 29, 2022, 11:10 a.m.

Hello Joeran,

Thanks for your explanation, now I got it.