Cannot Join FLARE22 Challenge Despite Verified Account

Cannot Join FLARE22 Challenge Despite Verified Account  

By: function2 on June 7, 2023, 5:49 a.m.

Dear Grand Challenge Support,

I'm experiencing some issues trying to join the FLARE22 challenge. According to the instructions on the challenge page, it states that:

• Register on the website and verify your account.
  • Click the green 'Join' button to participate in the FLARE22 Challenge. Your application will be automatically approved.

My account has been verified, so theoretically, I should be able to join the challenge without any issues. However, when I click on the "join" button, I receive the following message:

Your request to join FLARE22, sent Mar 26, 2022 at 20:28, is awaiting review.

It's possible that this issue arises from a prior application I submitted to join the challenge last year when manual approval was required. However, my application was not approved for some reason. This year, as the challenge doesn't require manual approval, I'm wondering if my previous application could be inhibiting the automatic approval process for my current application.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could look into this issue for me.

Best regards,

Lingxiao

Last edited by: function2 on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:58 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Cannot Join FLARE22 Challenge Despite Verified Account  

By: MiriamGroeneveldA on June 7, 2023, 7:41 a.m.

Dear Lingxiao,

Have you tried contacting the organizers of your challenge? They should be able to give you access to the challenge. There's a "Email organizers" option on the challenge page.

With kind regards, Miriam

By: function2 on June 17, 2023, 12:54 p.m.

Dear Miriam,

I hope this message finds you well. Following your advice, I reached out to the FLARE22 Challenge Organizers one week ago to seek assistance regarding my issue. However, I have not received a response from them yet. I understand that they might be quite busy with the ongoing challenge activities.

Given the circumstances, I was wondering if it would be possible for the Grand Challenge Support team to manually revoke my previous application from the database. This might potentially resolve the issue, enabling me to reapply and automatically be approved. I fully understand that this might require additional resources, but I believe this could be a feasible solution to my predicament. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could assist me with this.

Thank you once again for your support and understanding.

Best regards, Lingxiao

By: function2 on June 30, 2023, 5:01 a.m.

Dear Grand Challenge Support,

The Organizer replied my email recently and my challenge joining request has been approved. Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards, Lingxiao