Not seeing email addresses for Participation Requests anymore

Not seeing email addresses for Participation Requests anymore  

By: bronesther on April 12, 2021, 9:44 a.m.

As a challenge organizer I used to send an email to potential participant before accepting their participation request. Now it looks like I cannot access their email address anymore. How could this be solved?

Kind regards, Esther Bron

Re: Not seeing email addresses for Participation Requests anymore  

By: jmsmkn on April 12, 2021, 6:09 p.m.

To contact the participants of a challenge you can make an announcement in your challenge forum, they will then receive a notification.

By: bronesther on April 28, 2021, 9:45 a.m.

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure if this is a working solution for me.

• Is there a way to have the participants completing a form before I accept them as participant? I previously handled that through email, but if there is an alternative, that would be fine.
  • I am not sure if announcing it in the forum would work. Can people can notifications from the forum before being accepted as participants? Will people get notified by email that they have a notification (I wasn't)?
  • The email option was working fine. Could I still get access to those?

Esther

Last edited by: bronesther on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: jmsmkn on April 28, 2021, 9:54 a.m.

We cannot share email addresses due to privacy reasons. Optional email notifications are in the works.

What information do you need to collect? If it is something that many challenges need we could add that feature to the sign up form. Right now, you can add extra information to the sign up page, and even ask for a form there (eg https://flare.grand-challenge.org/participants/registration/create/).

Last edited by: jmsmkn on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: bronesther on April 28, 2021, 11:07 a.m.

Yes, thanks! The FLARE example looks exactly like what I want.

Oh, I was having this page already, but tried to make it more clear now. I hope that it will work...

Esther