The security of docker image

The security of docker image  

By: zfei201026 on July 22, 2023, 9:06 a.m.

Dear Sir or Madam, I hope you are doing well. I wanted to inquire about the submission process for Docker images as part of a challenge. My main question is regarding the access and handling of the Docker images after submission. Will the organizers or other parties have access to retrieve my Docker images after I submit them? Or will my Docker image only be used to make inferences on the private dataset as part of the evaluation process? Given the sensitive nature of some Docker images, data privacy is a key concern for me. I would appreciate it if you could clarify how Docker images are managed after submission. Please be assured that I place great importance on following the challenge guidelines and maintaining the highest ethical standards. An explanation of your policies regarding Docker image security and privacy would be very helpful. I look forward to participating in the challenge and would appreciate a quick response to resolve any concerns. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Best regards,

Re: The security of docker image  

By: jmsmkn on July 22, 2023, 2:25 p.m.

Good question, on Grand Challenge we take data and IP security very seriously. A short summary of our policy is that you, as algorithm editor, are in full control over the usage of your algorithm.

Challenge organisers do not, and will not, have access to either the underlying algorithm container image or your algorithm on Grand Challenge. Your algorithm is only run on the test set when you make a submission to the challenge. The administrators of the challenge that you submit to are able to see the results and the logs for your algorithms inference jobs on the hidden test set, but that is it. They cannot further use your algorithm unless you explicitly give them permission to do so on the platform.

You are the administrator and owner of your algorithm. You can control who else acts as owner of your algorithm by going to the algorithm editors page. You can control who has permission to use your algorithm by going to the algorithm users page. No one else on the platform has permission to use your algorithm.

This is further detailed in our terms of service, including out policy on withdrawal that you can enact at any time.

Of course, the platform is open-source, so you are also able to audit the permissions if you wish to do so.

Re: The security of docker image  

By: zfei201026 on July 22, 2023, 11:41 p.m.

Thank you very much!