Json label not working well with STL file

Json label not working well with STL file  

By: tai-hsien.wu on May 1, 2022, 3:19 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I just noticed a problem for the STL files. When I used vedo (a python libary based on VTK toolkit) to read the STL files, the order of vertex didn't match the order of label of vertex in json files. Not quite sure the problem comes from the VTK STL reader or not. OBJ files do not have this problem. I suggest everyone working on the OBJ files when training the data.

Last edited by: tai-hsien.wu on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Json label not working well with STL file  

By: achraf.ben-hamadou on June 1, 2022, 12:58 p.m.

Hello, We already mentioned that stl file are optional. You need to use the obj and json files. Best regards.

By: siqizh0415 on June 24, 2022, 6:41 a.m.

Same problem. I'm sure the vertex order of stl files is totally wrong. It's ok not providing stl data. But what's the point of offering wrong data? Pretty annoied.

By: achraf.ben-hamadou on July 1, 2022, 1:27 p.m.

Dear siqizh0415,

STL data are the original data captured with the IOS scanner, we provided them for the record. Also please read carrefully the guideline before participating.

Copy/pasted from https://3dteethseg.grand-challenge.org/Data/ 3D_scans_per_patient_obj_files.zip collects all obj files. They are organized by patient folder, with two obj files for each patient: _lower.obj and _upper.obj for lower and upper jaw scans, respectively. ground-truth_labels_instances.zip contains the ground truth label and instance for each vertex in the obj files. Data are structured the same way as in 3D_scans_per_patient_obj_files.zip. We use the FDI notation (ISO 3950 notation) for labeling teeth. Please not that labels, instances and vertices are in the same order in obj and json files. 3D_scans_per_patient_stl_files.zip "optional" is exactly the same as 3D_scans_per_patient_obj_files.zip but files are converted to stl file format.