Validation Submission Error

Validation Submission Error  

By: sshu on July 10, 2022, 6:14 a.m.

After the validation results were submitted, the evaluation system reports "Failed > - Can't parse 'pts'. Sequence item with index 0 has a wrong type". Might be a bug in the cv2 calling functions of the evaluation code? > refer to : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67837617/cant-parse-pt-sequence-item-with-index-0-has-a-wrong-type-pointpolygon-er

Last edited by: sshu on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Validation Submission Error  

By: sshu on July 11, 2022, 7:31 a.m.

The provided evaluation code works well locally (opencv-python=4.6.0.66). However, the online evaluation system still reports 'Failed > - Can't parse 'pts'. Sequence item with index 0 has a wrong type'. I suppose the version of the opencv-python in the online evaluation environment leads to the failure?

cv2.fillPoly(src_wall_img, pts=[np.array(src_wall_cont)], color=(1, 1, 1))

The 'pts=[np.array(src_wall_cont)]' in the above code of the evaluation code might not ensure the needed data type of the calling function 'cv2.fillPoly'. Perhaps changing the opencv-python version of the online evaluation system OR changing the data type of 'pts' can solve this issue?

Last edited by: sshu on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: tiansong_philips on July 11, 2022, 9:13 a.m.

Sorry for this problem, but I can not reproduce this mistake during both online or offline evaluation. 'Failed > - Can't parse 'pts'. Sequence item with index 0 has a wrong type'. indictes a wrong type of the parameter 'pts', which should be a tuple of np.arrays with int type. We tried to implement an avalible pts data type in our evaluation code through 'contx = int(round(float(pti.get('x')) / 512 * self.dcmsz))' and 'pts=[np.array(src_wall_cont)]', which matched the definition of cv.fillPoly().

Could you please send your prediction results of the validation dataset to vws.challenge.2022@gmail.com? I'll test your results offline and try to fix this bug.

Last edited by: tiansong_philips on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: tiansong_philips on July 11, 2022, 10:18 a.m.

I have resolved this problem by changing "if target_wall_cont is None:" to "if target_wall_cont is None or target_lumen_cont is None:". 'Failed > - Can't parse 'pts'. Sequence item with index 0 has a wrong type'. was caused by a empty lumen contour.

I have also updated the evaluation docker and you can re-submit your results.

In addition, note that the writing order of the boundary points should follow the edge order of polygons, instead of simply sorting the points by X and Y coordinates, e.g. [[0, 0], [1,0], [1,1], [0,1]] instead of [[0, 0], [1,0], [0,1], [1,1]].

Last edited by: tiansong_philips on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: sshu on July 11, 2022, 3:18 p.m.

It works well now! Thank you for your hard working on it!