trial algorithm does not terminate

trial algorithm does not terminate  

By: lisak on Aug. 14, 2023, 2:09 p.m.

Hi,

Now we have the problem that our trial algorithm runs forever (since 1 h) and does not stop, though the time limit is supposed to be 15 mins.

Best regards, Lisa

Re: trial algorithm does not terminate  

By: jeremyzhang on Aug. 14, 2023, 2:15 p.m.

Hello, Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with the trial algorithm running indefinitely instead of stopping within the 15-minute time limit. This situation can arise due to various reasons, one of which might indeed be a logical problem in the code causing a perpetual loop.

To better understand and diagnose the issue, could you provide more details about the trial algorithm and its implementation? If possible, sharing relevant parts of the code where the algorithm's execution flow is controlled could help pinpoint the problem.

Additionally, have you tried running the algorithm with the provided "stack1.mha" file to see if the same issue occurs? It's essential to rule out whether the problem is related to the input data or if it's strictly a code-related issue.

Once we have more information about the algorithm and any specific error messages you might be encountering, we can work together to find a solution.

Best regards, Jeremy

By: lisak on Aug. 14, 2023, 2:49 p.m.

Hi Jeremy,

Locally the test.sh finishes successfully with the provided stack1.mha. In my second execution I uploaded the same image stack as test image and it also still shows in execution.

Is it possible to terminate the executions?

Best, Lisa

By: jeremyzhang on Aug. 14, 2023, 4:50 p.m.

Hello, Lisa,

To address this issue, my suggestion is to investigate whether there might be a discrepancy in the path where the result JSON file is being saved during the execution. It's important to verify if the path is configured correctly, as an incorrectly configured path could lead to unexpected behavior and potentially hinder the algorithm from completing successfully.

In addition, I've been closely monitoring the grand-challenge platform, but I haven't come across any submissions from you on the testing leaderboard. If you were using the "Try-out Algorithm" feature for testing purposes, you can disregard the displayed "execution" information—it's not something to be concerned about. If you're considering trying out a new Docker container, you can navigate to the "Containers" section and select "Upload a Container" to introduce a fresh version.

If you have any specific questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm here to provide support in troubleshooting and resolving this issue.

Best regards, Jeremy

By: lisak on Aug. 14, 2023, 5:02 p.m.

Jeremy, I think I solved my issue, just I don't know how to stop those that are still executing.

By: jeremyzhang on Aug. 14, 2023, 6:05 p.m.

Hello Lisa, you can safely disregard those containers that are currently in the "executing" state, as they won't have any impact, and it seems they can't be manually stopped either.