Final Test Phase is now OPEN 🚀

Final Test Phase is now OPEN 🚀  

By: simongraham73 on Feb. 27, 2022, 6:21 p.m.

Submission to the final test phases is now open!!

You should choose an algorithm that has been successful during the preliminary test phase. Do not submit a new algorithm to the final test phase!

The preliminary test set consisted of a small sample of the overall test set (~10%) from one centre of TCGA. There will be more variability in the final test set and so try and make sure that your models generalise accordingly.

You will only get one successful submission to the final test phases! Do not try and submit a second algorithm to a given task, if you have already been successful!

Your submission for the final test phases will be hidden from the leaderboard and the results will be announced during the workshop on March 28th. Try and make your submissions sooner, rather than later this week in case your first submissions are not successful.

We will be utilising these team names for any post challenge analysis. Please adapt your team names in accordance with how you would like your submissions to appear. It may be a good idea to include your institution / company in your team name if that applies to you. Remember, everybody must be within a team! Even single participants must join a team (even if it means that the team will only contain one person).

When you submit your algorithm, you will need to link your uploaded ArXiv method description paper. For this, you will need to specify the preprint link in the 'Preprint (Algorithm Description)' box when submitting. Submissions without a link to their method description will not be valid. Please also ensure to reference Lizard and CoNIC papers in your method descriptions. Also, note that ArXiv papers can take a couple of days to appear online!

Best of luck!

Team CoNIC

Last edited by: simongraham73 on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Final Test Phase is now OPEN 🚀  

By: pedro.vendascosta on Feb. 27, 2022, 7:09 p.m.

I was still trying to make our first Preliminary Test submission, but now it seems like the submission is closed. I thought I had until the end of the day to make the fist submission.

Does this mean we will not be able to submit to the final phase as well?

By: simongraham73 on Feb. 27, 2022, 7:15 p.m.

I have extended the preliminary test until 23:59 GMT tonight. It will not be extended any further than this.

Simon

By: pedro.vendascosta on Feb. 27, 2022, 7:32 p.m.

Thank you! Just made the submission

By: hrishikeshps94 on Feb. 28, 2022, 7:33 a.m.

Submission in preliminary test phase is still disabled for me even though it is metioned that it is extended till 28th feb 23:59 GMT.

By: simongraham73 on Feb. 28, 2022, 8:20 a.m.

Hi - it was extended until 23.59 on the 27th, not the 28th.

Simon

By: lorenz.rumberger on Feb. 28, 2022, 2:40 p.m.

Hey Simon,

could you clarify on the maximum runtime that the algorithm should have for the final submission?

Best Lorenz

By: simongraham73 on Feb. 28, 2022, 3:14 p.m.

Hi Lorenz,

We are discussing this and will make a post very soon to clarify!

Simon

By: simongraham73 on Feb. 28, 2022, 3:45 p.m.

IMPORTANT ❗️: Please refer to this post for an update.

Lorenz, I have included the info on the time limit allowed per submission on the final test set.

By: lorenz.rumberger on Feb. 28, 2022, 4:05 p.m.

Thank you :)

By: uschmidt83 on Feb. 28, 2022, 5:27 p.m.

The Preliminary Test Submission also seems to be open again... I guess this is a mistake?

By: simongraham73 on Feb. 28, 2022, 5:45 p.m.

Hi @uschmidt83

Please refer to this post that we made very recently.

Simon

By: uschmidt83 on Feb. 28, 2022, 6:36 p.m.

sorry, misread that as final instead of preliminary

By: uschmidt83 on March 3, 2022, 10:32 p.m.

Hi, I have two questions:

1) What's the deadline for the Final Test Phase? The main page ("Info") says March 6, but when I go to Submit > Segmentation and Classification - Final Test Submission, it says "You can create 1 more submission in the next 7 days to this phase."

2) The rules mention that "Right after the preliminary test phase, the final test phase begins where each team should submit their final method as a docker container, like before". yet the forum post says "You should choose an algorithm that has been successful during the preliminary test phase". Now I am confused: Are we or are we not allowed to update the container belonging to an existing algorithm? (I assumed that we can update the docker before submitting to the final test phase.)

Thanks, Uwe

By: simongraham73 on March 4, 2022, 8:02 a.m.

Hi Uwe,

1) At the moment, the deadline is still 6th March. In the grand challenge platform, we can set a time limit and so we set this as a max of 1 submission in a 7 day period for the final test phase. This just ensures that we don't have multiple submissions and it spans the entire phase. The deadline is what you see on the main page!

2) The reason why we say that you should use an algorithm from the prelim test is to make sure that participants are using an algorithm that works. For example, we don't expect to see syntax / import errors in the final test phase as these should have been ironed out before. However, if you are confident with your updates, then you are welcome to incorporate them for the final phase. We assume that some participants will in fact need to do this to fit within the alloted 60 mins run time.

Last edited by: simongraham73 on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.