Support for the PROSTATEx Challenge

Support for the PROSTATEx Challenge  

By: yesid.gutierrez on Feb. 7, 2022, 3:58 a.m.

Hello ! I just noticed that the PROSTATEx challenged was closed and apparently is not accepting any submissions.

I am a little bit worried because I was conducting a research work and I would like to compare my algorithms with the research community, will the test cohort labels be published in the future? is there any API where we can still request a ROC-AUC or something related to compare our models?

Thanks in advice.

Re: Support for the PROSTATEx Challenge  

By: amickan on Feb. 7, 2022, 9:22 a.m.

Dear Yesid,

We had to temporarily close this challenge due to technical problems. We expect to reopen the challenge submissions, but cannot give a timeline for this. Please be patient and keep checking the website periodically.

Best, Anne

By: yesidgutierrez.08 on March 3, 2022, 2:42 p.m.

Hello again Anne,

It's been a while, and I am a little bit worried to know, if maybe the dataset will ever be available again?

I am currently enrolled in a Master's degree program, and I was making some experiments for some conferences and journals in the area of Prostate cancer diagnosis with MRI images.

Nevertheless, at the moment it is not possible to perform any submissions to the challenge to validate my approaches in the test set, which difficults the comparison of the proposed methods with the state of the art ones.

Is there any CSV with the labels, external API, or an alternative way to evaluate my approaches against the test set? will the test set be available again?

Thank you very much for your time reading my question, and your response Anne, have an excellent day! Yesid G.

By: joeran.bosma on March 4, 2022, 9:48 a.m.

Hi Yesid,

We are in the process of hosting a new grand challenge on clinically significant prostate cancer detection, which will include all PROSTATEx cases (both training and testing datasets). Therefore, the PROSTATEx challenge will be deprecated soon, as the new challenge is planned to air in quarter 2 of 2022. As this was not announced on the challenge website, and we understand it is important for your master's thesis, I have re-activated the evaluation of new submissions. We can keep the evaluation open to at least March 31st, 2022. Please let me know if this is insufficient, as we might be able to extend this to April 30th, 2022 if the upcoming challenge allows this.

Kind regards, Joeran

By: brayan.valenzuela on March 9, 2022, 1:29 p.m.

Hi again Joeran, how are you? I hope that you have a great day, it's me Yesid again.

It would be great if you can keep the dataset open for submissions in order to compare my method again other state of the art approaches,.

If you can even keep the dataset open to June or even more time it would be fantastic, but it's okay if you can only keep it open until April 30rd, when the new dataset will open (if I well understood)

Will this new dataset has more data than the current prostatex dataset? The task will also be about classifiying clinical significance among the lessions?

Finally, I would like to ask about "inactive account". My main account here on the challenge was set to "inactive", do you know what can I do to recover my account in this case? I don't know why it was set to that state, neither how to recover it to make my submissions.

Greetings, Yesid G.

By: joeran.bosma on March 11, 2022, 11:31 a.m.

Hi Yesid,

I'm well, you hope are as well.

We want to avoid having the PROSTATEx challenge open for submissions after releasing its test set as part of the PI-CAI 22 challenge, so June will not be an option. I can't garantee we will be able to extend until April 30rd, but it is good to know this would be of benefit to you. We hope to know more about the dates of the PI-CAI challenge soon. Keep an eye on https://pi-cai.grand-challenge.org/ for more information (we will post more info there soon).

The new dataset released with PI-CAI 22 will be much larger, both the public training and hidden testing sets. The task will be to detect clinically significant prostate cancer in bpMRI. This means the AI models must produce predictions at voxel-level, rather than the CSV file currently required for PROSTATEx. You can take a look at Figure 3 of my paper for an example of what kind of predictions are required: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2112.05151.pdf.

I do not know what to do with an inactive account. You can send an email to support@grand-challenge.org about that.

Kind regards, Joeran

By: joeran.bosma on March 28, 2022, 4:32 p.m.

Hi Yesid,

I can confirm we can keep the PROSTATEx challenge open for submissions until April 30th 2022. After that, there will be no extension possible.

Kind regards, Joeran