I have some questions (about submission, journal paper, and announcement)

I have some questions (about submission, journal paper, and announcement)  

By: 89douner on Aug. 2, 2022, 12:12 a.m.

Hi, I'd like to question about grand challenge and isles'22.

1. There are members with verification in a team. When we submit our results, at test phase, can all members of a team submit the results? or can one member of each team submit a result?

2. As far as I know, ISLES-MICCAI challenge ranking will be announced at MICCAI BrainLes workshop. Also, top-five rankers will be announced at the challenge. Could you explain more about this? (ex: Do the top rankers have to prepare 'ppt material' for short presentation?)

3. This challenge have future plans about publication. The benchmarking of algorithms has been published in top ranked journals. This menas that we are not included as co-authors. Is it right? If right, can we submit our algorithm to any journals after challenge organizers publish a challenge paper first? I don't know whether we can identify the result of the (hidden) test data through docker submission at grand challenge site.

4. MICCAI ISLES'22 ranking is produced by comparing each metric at the case level. What is the case level?

Last edited by: 89douner on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:57 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: I have some questions (about submission, journal paper, and announcement)  

By: ezequieldlrosa on Aug. 5, 2022, 1:21 p.m.

Hi, Apologies for the late reply. Please find my answers below -hopefully is not late.

1) One member of each team can submit a result. If you have worked separately or in different approaches, then submit your dockers as different teams.

2) We'll communicate the top-3 ranked teams around middle of August, but the winners and final ranking will be announced during BrainLes in MICCAI. Those 3 teams will have a 15 mins talk (10 + 5 min answers, short PPT) in our ISLES session during BrainLes. Presentations can be done online or in presence in Singapore (the important thing is that you register to BrainLes , either online or in presence).

3) As described in our MICCAI proposal, 2 co-authors per each submissions are allowed for the final manuscript. You find all this information in the Docs Form that you have to submit. And yes, you can submit your algorithm to whatever journal you want as well.

4) It means that we generate a ranking per each single test-case and per each metric. Then we get the average rank per each metric for each participant. And the final ranking is the mean rank across each metric rank. If this is not clear (complex to explain in a few lines), please check a detail explanation here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1361841516301268?via%3Dihub

Re: I have some questions (about submission, journal paper, and announcement)  

By: 89douner on Aug. 7, 2022, 4:51 a.m.

Thanks for the answer!