how to calculate probability in submit .csv file .

how to calculate probability in submit .csv file .  

By: lipingkang90 on June 28, 2022, 1:44 p.m.

submit .csv file contains eight col,the last col is probability .what means ,how to calculate

Re: how to calculate probability in submit .csv file .  

By: sarah.liangjihui on June 29, 2022, 5:29 a.m.

I assume it's the probabilities or confidences of bounding boxes your model predicted

Last edited by: sarah.liangjihui on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: lipingkang90 on June 29, 2022, 6:29 a.m.

Does the probability means IOU?

By: sarah.liangjihui on June 29, 2022, 9:26 a.m.

No, it's not. The IoU is set to 0.3 in the eval files. It's the posibility of bbox like most detection tasks. In those tasks, you might get labels, bboxes and confidences as the output of the images. Hope this can help :P

Last edited by: sarah.liangjihui on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: lipingkang90 on June 29, 2022, 10:52 a.m.

Thank you for your help, but without a label, how can I output the corresponding confidence value? The label given in the competition only contains a three-dimensional point and length, width and height. But the value I want to predict is seven

By: kaiming19 on June 29, 2022, 2:42 p.m.

Thank you for your question. What sarah.liangjihui said was right. The probability/confidence value measures how confident your model is about a particular detection prediction (what is the probablity your model gives that the predicted bounding box contains an object). In detection tasks such as this one, we would rank predictions based on their confidence levels, calculate recalls on different confidence thresholds, and average over them. You only need your model to predict probabilities/confidences.

Last edited by: kaiming19 on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.