Container is not building

Container is not building  

By: FBehrendt on Dec. 16, 2021, 9:20 a.m.

Hey :)

I am using the grand challenge github app and linked my repository. Normally, after tagging the build process starts within 30 minutes. My last tag was made 12 hours ago and nothing happened. Is there any limit on how often containers get built, or is it totally normal that it takes such long time to build?

Best Finn

Re: Container is not building  

By: ecemsogancioglu on Dec. 16, 2021, 2:06 p.m.

hi Finn,

can you try to tag the repo again and see if that works? i think it should start to build soon after you tag it, 12 hours waiting is not normal, i think. This feature is recently implemented in grand-challenge so there might be some problems.

if that still does not work, i recommend to upload the container directly.

Best, Ecem

By: FBehrendt on Dec. 16, 2021, 2:21 p.m.

Thank you for your reply! I already tagged it multiple times (this might be the mistake..) I will try to revert the tag, or maybe link another algorithm instance to my repo. Uploading the tar files is not really an option for my internet connection. Thanks again! Best, Finn

By: ecemsogancioglu on Dec. 16, 2021, 9:27 p.m.

OK, fingers crossed! please let us know if it still does not work!

Thanks! Ecem

By: FBehrendt on Dec. 17, 2021, 10:43 a.m.

Unfortunately, the building process still doesnt work. i manually uploaded an image over night. this worked and the algorithm is running right now. However, it would be nice if the autobuild would work since it is much faster and then there is no need for long upload sessions (12hours). Also I already upgraded my github dataplan to make it work with the lfs add on. I will be away for some days and hope that I can figure it out when im back. If not, do you know if there is any official support? Thanks for your support! Finn

By: ecemsogancioglu on Dec. 17, 2021, 11:05 a.m.

Hi Finn,

Sorry to hear that, i have contacted some people from grand-challenge team regarding this. Lets see if they could help you with this.

Have a nice holidays, Best, Ecem

By: FBehrendt on Dec. 17, 2021, 3:16 p.m.

Hey Ecem, I have good news, after uploading an image manually and tagging my repo again it finally works again. I dont know what caused the issue. My image is a bit smaller now, maybe there were issues regarding the memory, however, I think it should warn me then. Anyway, im happy that it works again. thank you! Finn

By: ecemsogancioglu on Dec. 17, 2021, 7:27 p.m.

Hi Finn,

Good to hear that! Just to let you know: i have just seen that one of your submission failed with the following error:

RuntimeError: Couldn't load custom C++ ops. This can happen if your PyTorch and torchvision versions are incompatible, or if you had errors while compiling torchvision from source. For further information on the compatible versions, check https://github.com/pytorch/vision#installation for the compatibility matrix. Please check your PyTorch version with torch.version and your torchvision version with torchvision.version and verify if they are compatible, and if not please reinstall torchvision so that it matches your PyTorch install.

In case it helps to fix the issue!

Have a nice weekend, Ecem

By: FBehrendt on Dec. 17, 2021, 8:15 p.m.

Hey, Thank you, that helps :) Best Finn

By: Hedwig on Jan. 9, 2022, 10:01 a.m.

Hey,

I submit algorithm for testing and it doesn't show any building information, How can I know the error log?

Best, Hedwig

By: ecemsogancioglu on Jan. 10, 2022, 10:33 a.m.

Hi Hedwig.

Once you tag your repo, it should start automatic building your container. If it does not work, then you should try to retag your repo. This functionality is not always perfect since it is a very new feature in grand-challenge.

If you cannot get this work, i recommend that you save your container locally first, then upload it to grand-challenge instead of using the other option of automatic building.

Best, Ecem