Do I need to build docker first on my own system?

Do I need to build docker first on my own system?  

By: Hedwig on Jan. 6, 2022, 8:55 p.m.

Hi there, thanks for clicking in this post :)

I followed the steps from baseline https://github.com/node21challenge/node21_generation_baseline to create my algorithms and I've new my own projects for submission.

But I am confused that did I need to run build.sh for my own? I just wanna use OPTION 2, so, what I need to do is just set up the correct Dockerfile and LICENSE and .gitattributes, and waiting for grand-challenge to generate my container?

best, Hedwig.

Last edited by: Hedwig on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Do I need to build docker first on my own system?  

By: ecemsogancioglu on Jan. 7, 2022, 1:58 p.m.

Hi,

You do not have to run build.sh. Those script files are only there to make sure everything works as expected. So that debugging the errors would be easier for you locally.

If you directly build the container thorugh grand-challenge, and if it does not work, debugging will take you way more time. So, i would suggest that you first make sure they work locally (build and test.sh, you do not need to run export.sh since you will not upload the container to grand-challenge)

Let me know if something is unclear.

Best, Ecem

By: Hedwig on Jan. 9, 2022, 9:29 a.m.

Thanks for replying! And now I figured out that I need to rewrite the I/O properly, but I am confused that why container submission page won't show any status for my tagged link? I submit the baseline for tutorial and my own algorithms, but it show nothing...

Best, Hedwig

Last edited by: Hedwig on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: ecemsogancioglu on Jan. 10, 2022, 10:29 a.m.

Hi Hedwig,

I do not see your submission. You should go to the https://node21.grand-challenge.org/evaluation/challenge/submissions/create/ , choose your track, and choose your algorithm and click submit button. Did you do that?

After you click on submit button, it should be written something like : 'your algorithm is submitted successfully'

By: ecemsogancioglu on Jan. 10, 2022, 10:30 a.m.

Also, if tagging did not start the automatic building of your container in grand-challenge, can you try to retag your repo?

By: Hedwig on Jan. 12, 2022, 3:42 a.m.

Hi, I try to submit track in https://node21.grand-challenge.org/evaluation/generation/submissions/create/ and it warns me that my algorithm doesn't have a usable container image and tell me to add another one. Before I save track I need to generate my container first?

This algorithm does not have a usable container image. Please add one and try again.

Best, Hedwig

Last edited by: Hedwig on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: Hedwig on Jan. 12, 2022, 3:45 a.m.

And re-tag my project seems doesn't work. I never see that my container images building. Using a docker locally is not a reliable option for me. Is it my project test code is still something wrong, so my submission work remain no any status?

By: ecemsogancioglu on Jan. 12, 2022, 10:41 a.m.

If you have a docker file in your repo, it should start building.

Can you send me the link to your repo? (my email address is : ecemsogancioglu@gmail.com)

By: ecemsogancioglu on Jan. 12, 2022, 10:51 a.m.

Can you also add me as an editor to your algorithm on grand-challenge? so that i could check it.