Questions about the simulated bbox noticed in the generation task.

Questions about the simulated bbox noticed in the generation task.  

By: CVIP on Nov. 22, 2021, 6:46 a.m.

When I tested the simulated bboxes that you provide for the clean CXR images. I found some of the bboxes are located at the non-lung regions. Is this setting reasonable? Hope you can give me some help.

Re: Questions about the simulated bbox noticed in the generation task.  

By: vjaouen on Nov. 22, 2021, 9:21 a.m.

Hi, can you provide the CXR image names just to check on my side as well ? Best, Vincent

By: ecemsogancioglu on Nov. 22, 2021, 9:40 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for your question, could you mention a filename where this happens as an example just to doublecheck?

By: CVIP on Nov. 23, 2021, 1:43 a.m.

c1186/c1248/c2331 in processed_data

By: ecemsogancioglu on Nov. 23, 2021, 11:09 a.m.

Hi,

The example images that you shared are still (expected to be ) in the lung region. Because there is still some lung in the areas that do not look dark, such as behind the heart.

We used a lung segmentation algorithm to select a region where we could pick random nodule locations as in the example link So we select the area that is denoted with the blue line, and pick a random nodule locations within this area.

I think it is not a perfect estimation of the lung area, because it is not easy to estimate the full volume from a 2D CXR. But it should still be good enough. There is a chance that this can create few bounding boxes that are not in the lung region, but we expect that will not harm the algorithm performance.

By: CVIP on Nov. 24, 2021, 1:14 a.m.

Thank you for your reply.