Custom model submission that has an additional input channel

Custom model submission that has an additional input channel  

By: sakina on Jan. 31, 2023, 7:43 p.m.

Hi,

I was reading a report from one of the teams, and it was interesting how they used Zonal labels as additional input channels to enhance the model performance. I wish to implement the same, but I am curious how that works for the validation/testing phase. Since it would be an additional input modality that PI-CAI doesn't have, how should it be submitted and how will the evaluation performed?

I would greatly appreciate your help with this.

Best regards

Re: Custom model submission that has an additional input channel  

By: joeran.bosma on Feb. 1, 2023, 8:32 a.m.

Hi,

Zonal segmentations are indeed not part of the input modalities provided by the Grand Challenge (GC) platform. Instead, they must be generated or predicted by a prostate segmentation model, which exists alongside the cancer detection model, in the algorithm container submitted to GC. This means that the zonal segmentation model must be part of the inference pipeline for evaluation. Evaluation is performed in the same way as without zonal segmentation: the detection maps generated by your submission are evaluated.

For submissions to the Open Development Phase - Hidden Validation and Tuning Leaderboard or the Open Development Phase - Hidden Testing Leaderboard, you are free to experiment with using zonal segmentations as an additional input modality. Submissions to the latter leaderboard are handled on a per-application basis. I hope this clarifies any confusion. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Kind regards, Joeran

By: sakina on Feb. 1, 2023, 6:16 p.m.

https://grand-challenge.org/algorithms/nnunet-semi-supervised-1000-zonal/#information

Here is the algorithm that I tried to submit, but it failed. I was able to successfully run ./test.sh. Could you please help me check why it failed? I wll greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!

Note: I have included you both as the editors for this.

By: joeran.bosma on Feb. 2, 2023, 7:51 a.m.

Hi Sakina,

To debug algorithms on grand challenge you can upload a test case (e.g. from the public dataset). For cases you upload you will see the full logs, including errors.

The linked algorithm failed due to the following error: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/input/zonal_model'.

Hope this helps, Joeran