Deadline extension?

Deadline extension?  

By: Andreas on April 8, 2022, 8:06 a.m.

Hello,

You mentioned in a previous post that you might be extending the timeline of the challenge. If you do decide to do so, do you have an indication by how much you are thinking of extending it?

Re: Deadline extension?  

By: f.ciompi on April 8, 2022, 8:14 a.m.

Hi Andreas,

We might consider doing this as a consequence of the analysis of some technical issues that several participants are experiencing, based on their submissions, and because of the stop to submissions (of about one week) that had to do a few weeks ago. However, we have not decided on this yet and before we do it we are also considering organizing a second webinar and discuss with all participants. Some of the organizers are sick these days and hoepfully we can make an announcment next week.

Are you experiencing any issue with your algorithm? I would strongly recommend contacting us as soon possible, should you have any issue, we see that with other participants having initial submissions (even if not successful) and using those as a base for discussion and extra checks helped a lot to solve problems.

Note that it is possible to make 2 submissions per week to L1, and the top-5 methods of L1 are invited, every week, to submit to L2.

Regards, Francesco

By: Andreas on April 8, 2022, 8:31 a.m.

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your response. I understand of course. Would definitely be in favour of extending it because the neurips deadline is is closing in and I can imagine that perhaps some other participants are also shifting their focus. Which is a shame because I believe this is a great challenge but there's only a limited time availability to go around. If the leaderboards remain active later as well i am confident it will be a great addition to the field.

In either case, we will be watching out for further updates.

Best, Andreas

By: f.ciompi on April 8, 2022, 9:06 a.m.

Our goal would be to keep submissions open after the challenge as well, but we cannot guarantee if, when and how we can do this because it depends on several factors that have to be discussed after the end of TIGER. Therefore, if you are interested in this topic and especially if you have been working on it already, I would definitely recommend making submissions before the end of TIGER, one bonus point is that you might be co-authoring the paper describing the results of this challenge :-)