Question about the earlier closed submission of L1

Question about the earlier closed submission of L1  

By: aivis_alex on June 3, 2022, 10:24 p.m.

Hi, admins.

Before 20mins ago, our last algorithm for L1 was activated, and we tried to submit the last version. However, we found that the submission was closed in L1. As far as we know, the L1 leaderboard was closed around 10PM(UTC), and the last submission time was announced to 12PM.

Would you explain why it was closed 2 hours earlier than the scheduled time?

Thanks

BR, Daehong Lee

Last edited by: aivis_alex on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 5 times in total.

Re: Question about the earlier closed submission of L1  

By: mart.vanrijthoven on June 4, 2022, 7:57 a.m.

Dear Daehong Lee,

The deadline was June 3, 2022, 11:59 p.m (CEST) On the submit page, the deadline time was specified according to the time zone you are in/your time zone settings.

Best wishes, Mart

By: aivis_alex on June 4, 2022, 8:12 a.m.

Dear Mart

Thank you for your reply.

1) The deadline was June 3, 2022, 11:59 p.m (CEST) - Would you let us know the announcement that "the deadline was June 3, 2022, 11:59 p.m (CEST)" ? We cannot find it in challenge page

2) On the submit page, the deadline time was specified according to the time zone you are in/your time zone settings. - Where can i find the specified deadline time ? I also cannot find it in submit page

Best Regards, Daehong Lee

By: mart.vanrijthoven on June 7, 2022, 2:47 p.m.

Dear Daehong Lee,

You are correct, we did not specify the timezone in the timeline overview. However, I was under the impression that the deadline time was clearly mentioned, based on the timezone, on the submit page like this:

It appears that this is not the case. I will update the timeline and the submit page to show the deadline time for l2 experimental and mention that it is based on CEST time.

Thank you for notifying us about the confusion.

Best wishes, Mart