Submission Error

Submission Error  

By: pluto_charon on April 18, 2022, 3:34 a.m.

I have submitted our algorithm twice, every time the test passes in “Try-out algorithm", but an error is reported in the official commit. Who can tell me what caused this?

Re: Submission Error  

By: crunch on April 18, 2022, 7:53 a.m.

Hi,

the time limit of 2h was exceeded on one of the images. I looked at the log of one of the succesful images and it seems that the gpu was not recognized, maybe something is wrong with the installed cuda or pytorch/tf version? 2022-04-18T01:32:08+00:00 GPU available: False, used: False

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 19, 2022, 2:27 p.m.

Dear Tiger Organizers, I have also passed the testing in “Try-out algorithm", but my submission to tiger challenge failed. And I can't find out what the error is. Can you give me a hand? Regards, Xulin

By: mart.vanrijthoven on April 19, 2022, 2:41 p.m.

Dear Xulin

The error that you get is the following: The file produced at detected-lymphocytes.json is not valid

Looking at your logs it seems that you are saving the predictions in numpy format. Please convert them first to regular python floats before writing them to the json.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still encounter problems.

Best wishes, Mart

Last edited by: mart.vanrijthoven on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 19, 2022, 2:48 p.m.

Dear organizers, Thanks for your help. I have converted the predictions to python floats, and I can pass the test in 'Try out algotithm'. But my latest submission to tiger challenge is also fail. Is it still because "The file produced at detected-lymphocytes.json is not valid"? Regards, Xulin

By: mart.vanrijthoven on April 19, 2022, 3:01 p.m.

Dear Xulin,

Yes same error, if you make me editor of your algorithm i can have a look at your try-out algorithm results.

Best wishes, Mart

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 19, 2022, 3:07 p.m.

Dear organizes: Thank you so much. Now I am inviting you to be an editor of my algotithm. Regards, Xulin

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 19, 2022, 3:31 p.m.

Dear organizers: Thanks for your help. Can you see my results in try-out algorithm? Or can you test my algorithm to see whether it works? Thanks. Regards, Xulin

By: mart.vanrijthoven on April 19, 2022, 6:26 p.m.

Dear Xulin,

I checked you results, but i could not find the problem. I added Witali (crunch) as an editor to your algorithm. I will ask him if he can find the problem as he has created the evaluation script.

We will let you know as soon as possible what the problem is.

Best wishes, Mart

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 20, 2022, 1:52 a.m.

Dear organizers: Thanks for your help. I have tested 7 wsi in try-out algorithm, and six of them succeeded, but one of them (197B.tif) failed. The one (197B.tif) failed for the same reason as before "The file produced at detected-lymphocytes.json is not valid". It is so puzzling. I think maybe the submission in tiger challenge failed for the same reason as the 197B.tif. I will try to find the difference of outputs between 197B.tif and other wsi, maybe this can help solve the problems. Regards, Xulin

By: crunch on April 20, 2022, 5:41 a.m.

Hi,

could you please print() the content of the json, then we can see it in the log.

I added a snippet to the example repo to check the validity of the json: see check-detected-lymphocytes-json.py

Last edited by: crunch on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:56 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 20, 2022, 6:01 a.m.

Hi, Thanks. I have seen the script. I will have a try . Regards, Xulin

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 20, 2022, 6:50 a.m.

Dear organizers: I have checked the check-detected-lymphocytes-json.py. I found that the probability of the point is restricted to [0, 1]. However, I have not strictly restrict the value of probability in [0,1]. Maybe this is why some wsi succeeded and some wsi failed. The error wsi may output the probability out of the range. I will limit the range of probability and see if it works. Thanks. Regards, Xulin

By: 大胖胖墩 on April 20, 2022, 1:41 p.m.

Dear organizers, Thank you so much. I have solved the problem of json file, and submited sccessfully. Thanks for your help. Regards, Xulin