Challenge is still open?

Challenge is still open?  

By: abhijeet on Sept. 1, 2023, 5:44 a.m.

According to the information provided by challenge it should have been closed by now.

1. Release of training data

May 10th (12:00 AM GMT), 2023

1. Submission for the 1st-Validation phase

July 10th (12:00 AM GMT), 2023 ~ August 7th (11:59 PM GMT), 2023

1. Submission for the 2nd-Testing phase

July 28th (00:00 AM GMT), 2023 ~ August 31th (11:59 PM GMT), 2023(The time is already over)

1. Announcement of final leaderboards

September 10th, 2023

Re: Challenge is still open?  

By: jpjmac on Sept. 1, 2023, 11:04 a.m.

Dear abhijeet,

I think the challenge was still open because it prematurely closed in August 31st. As you indicate in your own message, the timeline indicates GMT timezone. If you check my message from yesterday, the challenge closed 8h before that. I understand that at the moment you sent this message, 11h59 PM GMT had already pass, but the challenge organizers had decided to add 1 extra day because of the error in the platform closing 8h earlier. In the meantime, that decision was reverted and no new submission was allowed, which is unfair for the teams that were following the timeline you copy-pasted in your message (August 31th 11h59 PM GMT).

I still hope this situation is corrected for the sake of fairness.

Re: Challenge is still open?  

By: abhijeet on Sept. 2, 2023, 4:26 a.m.

Dear, I agree with your point, but the confusion arose due to various time indicators. If you have reviewed the submission section, you'll notice that the exact closing time and remaining attempts were already mentioned, which many teams followed. Some teams adhere to a scheduled training, while others utilize shared resources to meet deadlines. This situation seems unfair to those who had already disclosed their methods in their reports.