Tips for running your algorithm on grand challenge

Tips for running your algorithm on grand challenge  

By: jmsmkn on Aug. 18, 2021, 1:02 p.m.

When uploading your algorithm to grand challenge please note the following:

1. Please remember to set the GPU and memory requirements correctly when uploading your container. If you enable GPU support inference jobs will be assigned 1x Nvidia T4 card. CPU time is limited to 2 hours.
  2. It may take some time to validate your algorithm, if your container is not marked as active after 1 hour please contact grand challenge support.
  3. You do not need to create a new algorithm for each submission, you can update your existing algorithm by uploading a new docker container image on the container management page.
  4. Once your container is active please test it out before submitting it to the challenge, you can upload data using the "Try Out Algorithm" button. Please use a representative TIFF image with the resolution set (maybe there is one of these in the training data) and check that the outputs are what you expect.
  5. Remember that your container will not have access to the internet when executing, so all model weights must be present in your container image. You can test this locally using the --network=none option of docker run. If you do not do this you will see errors like Temporary failure in name resolution in your logs.
  6. Try your algorithm out on training data from the MIDOG GitHub repo - but not that the images there are ~30x smaller than the data in the test set so this may impact your algorithm runtime.

There are more tips in the FAQ in our developer documentation.

Last edited by: jmsmkn on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:55 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Tips for running your algorithm on grand challenge  

By: scjjb on Aug. 18, 2021, 2:58 p.m.

Hello James, I submitted before seeing this and have noticed an error with the "Try Out Algorithm" test. Is there any way to pull my sumission before it runs to avoid wasting resources? Thanks, Jack

By: jmsmkn on Aug. 18, 2021, 3:28 p.m.

I actually posted this in response to your submission - it fails very quickly so don't worry about it.

By: scjjb on Aug. 19, 2021, 9:03 a.m.

Do we know how long the queue is? I can't submit again until my broken submission is processed, but that submission has been in the queue for nearly a day

By: jmsmkn on Aug. 19, 2021, 1:12 p.m.

Unsuccessful evaluations are cleared after 24 hours, you should be able to submit again now.

By: ys810137152 on Aug. 24, 2021, 2:12 p.m.

Verification problem Hi, I cannot verify my email successfully when submitting my first contrainer. It shows that I have an request ongoing. Actually, I have received an verification email and have clicked the link. But I still cannot verify successfully. and now is ' Your verification request is under review by the site administrators.'

I feel so anxious about the problem, hope it can be solved soon. Thanks a lot!
Thanks Sen

By: ys810137152 on Aug. 24, 2021, 2:29 p.m.

Now is 'Your request for verification was rejected.'

By: jmsmkn on Aug. 24, 2021, 3:21 p.m.

Your request was rejected as you have multiple accounts on grand challenge. We will not verify users who try to get around the submission limits by creating multiple accounts.

By: ys810137152 on Aug. 24, 2021, 3:30 p.m.

I only have one account to participate in this competition. I don’t have multiple accounts. I don’t know what went wrong.

By: ys810137152 on Aug. 24, 2021, 3:31 p.m.

Can you help me

By: jmsmkn on Aug. 24, 2021, 3:56 p.m.

You do have multiple accounts: ys810137152, amadaluof and sen.yang.scu.

By: ys810137152 on Aug. 24, 2021, 4:07 p.m.

sen.yang.scu ,I accidentally created this account a long time ago, but I haven’t used it much later, and I haven’t used it to participate in this competition. Can you remove this account for me?