Contour quality

Contour quality  

By: eli1 on July 12, 2023, 6:55 a.m.

Dear Organizers,

please exucse my question if the information is already given somewhere, but I am wondering how the reference contours were created? Who did them? Are they reviewed/observer bias free? Which contouring guidlines were used?

Thank you verry much for the efford of organizing this challenge. Best whises, Elias

Last edited by: eli1 on Aug. 15, 2023, 12:58 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling

Re: Contour quality  

By: xiangdeluo on July 14, 2023, 3:27 a.m.

Hi, Thanks for your attention. Firstly all contours of the SegRap2023 dataset were annotated by an oncology treatment group (led by MD Shichuan Zhang (vice director of the radiotherapy center in Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute, > 20 years of experience) and MD Wenjun Liao (~ 10 years of experience)) from Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute. All contours were reviewed (we want to point out that all contours come from the clinical treatment planning, and were reviewed and revised before the challenge). About the observer bias, It's too subjective, every oncologist has their own understanding of the clinical guideline, so we invited MD. Zhang and Liao to make consensus labels. The guideline for organ-at-risk is RTOG and the gross tumor volume is the Atlas of Ying Sun's group proposed (State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Radiation Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, People’s Republic of China). Best, Xiangde Luo.

By: eli1 on July 16, 2023, 4:37 p.m.

Dear Xiangde,

thank you, for the quick replay and the the detailed information:-)

Best, Elias

By: eli1 on July 26, 2023, 12:42 p.m.

Dear Xiangde,

If you dont mind I would have another question regarding the dataset. I wonder if you also plan to release some meta data along the dataset, information such as gender or age?

Thank you once agin. All the best, Elias

By: xiangdeluo on July 27, 2023, 2:34 a.m.

Hi, Elias:

We have released the sex and age information of the training set. Please check out our released dataset.

Best, Xiangde Luo.

By: eli1 on July 27, 2023, 8:36 a.m.

Awsome. Thank you for the Information. I did not manage to get access to the zip file yet.

Really appreciate your work :-) Thank you. Elias