Debug for "Time limit exceeded"

Debug for "Time limit exceeded"  

By: smilenaxx on Aug. 22, 2023, 4:38 p.m.

I use test_gpu.sh locally for docker testing, and the average prediction time for each case of data is less than 10 minutes, but after uploading to the website, it keeps prompting "Time limit exceeded" and no Log is returned. I would like to know how can I debug this problem, thanks.

Re: Debug for "Time limit exceeded"  

By: mmaspero on Aug. 22, 2023, 5:18 p.m.

Hi, could you provide the submission ID?

I will have a look and post the logfile here. Generally, the timeout is due to a too lengthy inference/processing. It may be that there is nothing technically wrong but it is just taking too long on the machine used for inference. At the beginning of the rules you see the details of the machine used for inference.

I wait for the ID before providing further info.

Matteo

By: smilenaxx on Aug. 22, 2023, 10:36 p.m.

Thank you for your reply. When "failed", I can't see my submission ID.

By: mmaspero on Aug. 22, 2023, 10:42 p.m.

OK, I found this as your latest submission in the preliminary phase of task 2. You should be able to see the log from https://grand-challenge.org/algorithms/cbct_final/jobs/3965207e-5005-4105-a476-64297e3da864/.

As said before, this is a time limit exceeded, so nothing went wrong technically, only took too long. The only way out here is to speed up inference. In this case, it occurred for a brain case, and it gets only worse for the pelvis cases due to the larger matrix size.

Error Message Time limit exceeded Duration 18 minutes

Good luck with speeding up the algorithm, I hope you will manage before 8 AM CET.

Matteo

By: smilenaxx on Aug. 23, 2023, 1:55 a.m.

May I ask whether 'Test Task 2 - CBCT' is parallel or serial for test cases? I'm testing my new docker, but I'm worried it's giving errors after the deadline.

By: mmaspero on Aug. 23, 2023, 4:42 a.m.

It should be parallel, but it does not matter: the time limit is calculated in a case basis and it generally takes about 1 hour for the whole set. N.B. you have maximum two attempts in the test phase. We have designed the preliminary phase to try out multiple submissions.

By: smilenaxx on Aug. 23, 2023, 5:43 a.m.

Hi, I submit a new docker to "Preliminary test Task 2 - CBCT". It has been running for more than 2 hours, is this normal? Also, I can't commit to "Test Task 2 - CBCT" since it's running in "Preliminary test Task 2 - CBCT". I have no way to manually terminate this process, which may cause me to fail to submit this docker to "Test Task 2 - CBCT" before the deadline.

By: mmaspero on Aug. 23, 2023, 6:23 a.m.

Hi, yes there is a dependency for the submissions, so you need to wait, unfortunately I cannot interfere with the jobs. So the only thing is to wait.