Data unzipping issue

Data unzipping issue  

By: sambit17 on Dec. 19, 2023, 2:40 p.m.

Hej,

I am trying to extract the images from the zipped files but i am getting error. I am on a linux machine and i use the below commands to extract the contents from the multipart zip files. Let say we are in Part1, so i run the following commands:

• cat ULS23_Part1.z* > combined_ULS23.zip
  • unzip combined_ULS23.zip

While, running the second command, it throws an error as follows:

"Archive: combined_ULS23.zip error: End-of-centdir-64 signature not where expected (prepended bytes?) (attempting to process anyway) warning [combined_ULS23.zip]: zipfile claims to be last disk of a multi-part archive; attempting to process anyway, assuming all parts have been concatenated together in order. Expect "errors" and warnings...true multi-part support doesn't exist yet (coming soon). warning [combined_ULS23.zip]: 12884901888 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile (attempting to process anyway) file #1: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 12884901892 (attempting to re-compensate) creating: ULS23/ error: invalid zip file with overlapped components (possible zip bomb)"

Could you please let me know how can i unzip the files properly? Can you also share some reference links for the same?

Thank you.

Re: Data unzipping issue  

By: berk.gulmus on Dec. 19, 2023, 8:45 p.m.

I'm using '7z x ULS23_Part1.zip' command which seem to work well. This way there's no need to merge the different parts together, 7z handles it all automatically. Hope it works for you as well.

Last edited by: berk.gulmus on Dec. 19, 2023, 8:49 p.m., edited 1 time in total.